I have just experienced a serious craftastrophe! A few days (actuallyprobably weeks) ago I got out my glue gun, it was working fine then the next day I got it out again, nothing, it was cold and not working. I put it away and thought it's probably just the fuse. So today I decided to change the fuse, I need to use that bad boy, so I changed the fuse. It already had a 3amp so I just changed it to that, and when I plugged it in it made a huge POP noise and sparked, holy shit I thought, then I noticed on the plug it said 13amp so I tried one of those, this time when I plugged it in it made one mo-fo of a giant POP and spark and tripped all the electric in the house, I think I may have even jumped back a couple of feet. I got closer to my glue gun and yeah it had kinda exploded inside, it has definitely died.
This is a sad day, that glue gun has been part of family longer than my little brother (who is almost 17) and now the little Bostik is gone.