Friday 28 August 2009

Rice Biscuits

So today after my morning film and stitch session (which wasn't for the first time this week Twilight, but instead another film starring be-quiffed slightly tortured hottie, Cry Baby), I went to make myself my early afternoon cup of tea. I wanted some biscuits to go along with this, but we only have bourbons and ginger biscuits, I fancied something else, so looked in the cupboards to see what I could come up with, spotted the packet of ground rice and 25 minutes later I was tucking into these bad boys:Rice biscuits! here's how I made them....
8oz/200g self raising flour
4oz/100g ground rice
6oz/150g caster sugar
6oz/150g margarine
few drops of vanilla essence
milk to mix

First mix all the dry ingredients together.
Next rub in the margarine.
Add the vanilla essence and mix into a stiff dough with the milk.
Roll out onto a floured surface, quite thin and cut out the biscuits.
Bake on a greased tray at gas mark 4/180c for around 15 minutes.
then eat with a nice cup of tea!

No comments: