Tuesday 7 August 2012

Indietracks 2k12

At the start of July we made a return visit to Indietracks! (I'm clearly writing about this a month later, so some of it may not be accurate)!

It started on the Friday when I was packing all my stuff for the weekend and the weather men, women and maps were still claiming it was going to be a wash out weekend, especially in the Midlands where there was a FLOOD WARNING (just camping at the MIDLAND railway). So Kandy called me and said shall we be wuss' and whimp out of camping and stay at her house. We said yes (I was being thrifty too, less money on camping more on merch and snacks!!).

It turns out the weather wasn't even that bad, but on the plus side it only took about 25minutes to drive there from Kandy's!

We told our fellow festival friends Melanie and Amy we were not getting one with nature and met them down there on the Friday. I'm not sure if we saw any bands on the Friday(we watched The Smittens). Kandy had curry for tea, I had a veggie burger and chips. We found a comfy seat in the stationary train carriage where you could hear the bands from. Plus we got upset that Kandy's momentary confusion of thinkg we meant Darren Hayes (of Savage garden) was playing not Darren Haymen (of Hefner) wasn't true, bit of a let down really.
We did make a new festival friend, the lovely Sarah who had come all the way from Sweden for this Indiepop fest, dedication!


Saturday was the day of Melanie and Amy's workshop. They were on first in the workshop tent so we made our way there for their eco bunting. We didn't want to use up all their resources so said we would come back at the end (plus we didn't want a headache and boy there was some hammer banging). It was loads of fun. You got plants and flowers and pressed them between two pieces of bunting and hammered the pigments out with tiny hammers!

Sarah was making some lovely designs, we just decided to do our initials and what we thought looked like our uterus!
We ate our packed lunch on the mini train and managed to see some bands. Werewandas were pretty good, but missing a little something, still we rocked our tushes on the church pew to their rockabilly riffs.
It was all baout Go sailor though! I think we got super excited about them, I think even the sun came out a little (but it was ok beacuse we had super styling rain wear anyway). I never thought I would get to see Go sailor, but they were awesome, and the great thing, their back catalogue is so small that they play all your favourites!!


We caught bits of other bands, that I can't remember what they are called, but it was all good. I had Curry this night and Kandy had battered haloumi I think.
We got a good post bands disco where we got to shake our tailfeathers!!

Sunday was the day of our workshop so I was doing that thing where I get stressed and nervous and just want it out of the way, so I'm not sure if we saw any bands prior to that ( I was also getting excited about the reunion of Velodrome 2000, right after our workshop).

We were making a bunch of postcards in our workshop, and it seemed to go down really well (indiepop superstars (members of) The Smittens were loving it!) marbling was very popular. We had some people make some rad postacards.



We had to pack up super quick and Kandy offered to take the stuff back to the car as I made my way to the front for Velodrome 2000, who did not disappoint!
Melanie and Amy assumed they must be something good they way I was banging on about them! We all enjoyed it. AMAZING!

For tea this day we both had Burrittos. We hit the merch tent and got all gushy watching Rose Melberg in the chruch.
We ended the night by dancing in the rain to The vaselines, and having a right good dnace to some indiepop and 90s hits.

Something rather funny happened on the Sunday. Amy was wearing an Ace Bushy Striptease t-shirt as was another girl, I pointed out Amy had come double dressed. I was wearing a My Chemical Romance t-shirt, Kandy stated that if she saw someone in my t-shirt she would eat her hat (or something of that effect) when what should happen we are watching The Vaselines and I spot a boy wearing a My Chemical Romance t-shirt!!! Imagine. Sadly I didn't become best friends with this boy. REGRETS!

We did see many other bands, but I just stated the ones we saw full stes of, and depsite the chnageable soggy waether we had a great time. Seeing a band I never thought I would see and one I thought I would never see again. having a laff with some rad notheren folks.
'Appy wi' that!


No comments: